Software Engineering Manager
NotiSphere is an innovative startup born with the idea of addressing all the medical recall challenges faced by the healthcare industry today by making the recall process easier for all users involved and speeding up the entire communication cycle, shortening the time it takes to make sure no recalled item reaches a patient. This increases patient safety, takes millions of dollars in cost out of healthcare, and ensures providers can dedicate less time to managing recalls and more time to care for patients.
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of software engineers building features in one or multiple product areas. You will also partner with Product and IT Operations Management and other teams across the organization to help deliver on Notisphere’s mission. You will be deeply involved in setting the technical and cultural tone of our engineering organization. Ultimately, you are responsible for your team and their ability to deliver high-quality software in a timely manner.
Initially, this role will be a combination of hands-on development and departmental management. As the team grows, the focus of this role will shift heavily towards managing the software engineering organization. The software engineering team is currently comprised of off-shore resources. Continued growth of the team will be a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Lead a team of 5-7 engineers
- Hold team accountable for continuous improvement of their process, their technology, and themselves
- Define quality assurance strategy including the use of test automation
- Coach teams towards the right balance of near-term delivery and long-term platform health
- Actively identify delivery and health risks and working across the organization to mitigate them
- Maintain a high-quality codebase, participate in coding and code reviews
- Participate in system design and influence technical strategy conversations across the engineering team
- At least 8 years of experience as a software engineer
- At least 4 years’ experience with Agile
- Led engineering teams to deliver high-quality software by providing technical guidance and serving in a technical leadership capacity when needed
- Delivered products as part of team with both off-shore and on-shore engineers
- Prior experience in developing a multi-tenant, SaaS based web application on one of the leading cloud service providers.
- Prefer C#, .net (deployed in Linux & Lambda functions), JAVA scripts, and AWS(Lambda & Amplify)
- A deep understanding of modern web applications and API design; experience with issues related to scale, security, availability, deployment, and server maintenance
- Practical experience with development best practices, including continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and code reviews